Thursday, March 3, 2011

Firsts

I bought my first rocking chair!  It is a glider rocker/ottoman that I found on craigslist and Shawn picked it up yesterday.  We like it lots and it is the new favorite chair in the house.  I am sure the baby will like it too!

I also had my first baby shower.  I use my loosely, because there are 8 pregos at school this year so we were all honored today.   It was hosted by all the wonderful teachers and staff we work with at Castleberry Elementary.   And a special thanks to the first grade team for taking time to go and find the gifts, wrap them, and being so supportive during this time in my life!  You guys are the bestest :)

Here a few pictures from the shower and then the gifts I received displayed at home on the new glider rocker/ottoman!

My great friend Dana.  She has taught with me at CES for 6 years and is 3 months ahead of me in the pregnancy game.  We are also using the same birthing center/nurse midwives! 
 Cute cute umbrella shaped cupcake cakes.  One is blue for the boys to be born, other pink for the girls, and green for us two who are waiting!
 A fun view of all 8 that were honored and the tables of gifts!

 Chair is clean and comfortable and was cheap!  I love that the feet rock along with you...what a treat!  Shout out to a random family in Flower Mound who took care of it and decided to get rid of it!
 See!  You CAN buy things for someone who does not know if they are having a boy or a girl.  I received bath toys, board books, wrist rattles, hooded towels, bibs, onesies, a nightlight, and children safe spoons!  Now it all will go up in the attic (except the chair ofcourse....we are going to break that thing in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment